Here are some recent articles from the popular press that give descriptions of some of the things I work on.
- How does one model a concrete problem? What is an abstraction? How are models validated? Find out here.
- Here’s an article in Forbes about Schneider National’s use of optimization.
- Here is a recent video explaining what industrial engineering is.
- There was an article in the New York Times about the abundance of jobs requiring knowledge of statistics.
- There was an article in the NY Times about applying operations research techniques to hospitals.
- A brief article about my research appeared here.
- An article on HPC at Lehigh appeared in Resolve Magazine.
- An NPR program explained what algorithms are.
- Lehigh was featured on the front page of the New York Times
- An article about optimization appeared in The Economist.
- An article about the field of operations research appeared in the Boston Globe.
If you find something here useful, buy me a beer!