Ph.D. Dissertation Advisor
- Fang Chen, Power Optimization in Electricity Networks. Spring 2015. Control and Optimization Engineer, Bosch North America.
- M. Mohsen Moarefdoost, Optimization Models for Electricity Networks and Renewable Energy under Uncertainty. Spring 2015.
- Lin He, Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization and Demand-Side Management: Models and Algorithms. Spring 2014. Algorithm Engineer, SATMAP.
- Tolga Seyhan, Network Design under Competition. Spring 2012. Operations Research Scientist, Amazon.com.
- Cagri Latifoglu, Models for Production Planning and Power Procurement Portfolios. Spring 2012.
- Zümbül Atan, Inventory Management for Multi-Echelon Supply Chains, Spring 2010. Assistant Professor, Technical University of Eindhoven, Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences.
- Ying Rong, Studying the Impact of Supply Uncertainty on Multi-Echelon Supply Chains, July 2008. Assistant Professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Management, Department of Operations Management. (Formerly: Post-Doc, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research.)
- Hyong-Mo Jeon, Location-Inventory Models with Supply Disruptions, April 2008. Researcher, Korea Maritime Institute.
- Amanda Schmitt, Strategic Inventory Management for Supply Chains Subject to Supply Uncertainty, December 2007. Associate, McKinsey & Company. (Formerly: Post-doc, MIT, Center for Transportation and Logistics.)
Ph.D. Dissertation Committee Member
- Raza Rafique, Energy Supply Chain Design: Future Energy Security of Pakistan, advisor Yao Zhao (Rutgers Business School), expected Spring 2015.
- Chen Chen, Demand Response in Electricity Wholesale Market and Consumer-Premise Energy Management System for Smart Grids, advisor Shalinee Kishore (Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University), April 2013.
- Peter Tupa, Spectral Analysis of the Mass Flow in the Binary System U Cephei, advisor Gary DeLeo (Physics, Lehigh University), August 2011.
- Mehmet Atan, Supply-Demand Planning in High-Tech Industries, advisor S. David Wu, April 2010.
- Banu Gemici, Strategic Quandaries for High-Tech Contract Manufacturers: Analysis and Decision Models, advisor S. David Wu, January 2009.
- Berrin Aytac, Characterizing Demand Uncertainty in High-Tech Environments: Models, Analysis, and Case Studies, advisor S. David Wu, January 2009.
- Gokhan Metan, Robust and Adaptive Inventory Management: Theory and Algorithms, advisor Aurélie Thiele, April 2008.
- Julie Drzymalski, An Intelligent System Approach for a Coordinated Supply Chain Having an Error-Recovery Mechanism, advisor Nick Odrey, May 2008.
- Rui Kang, Performance Analysis and Design for Dial-Up Internet Access Systems, advisor Andrew Ross, September 2006.
M.S. Thesis Advisor
- Rui Yu, The Capacitated Reliable Fixed-charge Location Problem: Model and Algorithm, December 2014.
- Meng Sun, The Impact of Constrained Ordering Behavior on the Bullwhip Effect, August 2014.
- Jia Lu, Optimizing Sensor Layouts in Wave Farms, April 2014.
- Lizhou Joey Mao, Optimizing Wave Farm Layouts Under Uncertainty, August 2013.
- Ben Mizack, Commercial Load Scheduling Through a Time-of-Use Schedule with Electricity Demand Charges, May 2011.
- Choosak Pornsing, A Finite-Horizon Inventory Problem with Deterministic, Dynamic Demand and Stochastic Supply Disruptions, May 2010.
- Sabrina Terrizzi, A Comparison of Inventory Systems in the Face of Product Obsolescence, December 2004.
- M. Michael Metcalf, Optimization of WiFi Access Point Placement, May 2005.
- Lori Shuler, Scenario-Based Reliability Facility Location Models, May 2004.
Undergraduate Thesis Advisor
- Linh Nguyen, [title TBD], expected Spring 2015.
- Meltem Ozmadenci, An Operations Research Application on the iOS Platform, September 2013.
- Kate Lausch, Implementing a Heuristic for the Generalized Traveling Salesman Problem, May 2004.
INFORMS Energy, Natural Resources & Environment Young Researcher Prize: Ying Rong (2014)
- Technical University of Eindhoven Education Award for Best Master Teacher: Zümbül Atan (2013)
- IIE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award, Second Place: Ying Rong (2009)
- MSOM Student Paper Competition, Finalist: Ying Rong (2009)
- NSF/CMMI Research and Innovation Conference Travel Award: Zümbül Atan (2009)
- MSOM Conference Travel Award: Zümbül Atan (2009)
- Rossin Doctoral Fellow: Zümbül Atan (2008)
- SOLE (International Society of Logistics) Dissertation Proposal Award, First Place: Amanda Schmitt (2007)
Copyright © 2015 Larry Snyder. All Rights Reserved.
No computers were harmed in the 0.132 seconds it took to produce this page.
Designed/Developed by Lloyd Armbrust & hot, fresh, coffee.