Ph.D., Dept. of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, December 2003
Dissertation Title: Supply Chain Robustness: Models and Algorithms
M.S., Dept. of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, December 1999
Honors Thesis Title: Combinatorial Rigidity and the Path Decomposition of Isostatic Graphs
Awards and Honors
Chaired Assistant Professorship
- Frank Hook Assistant Professorship, Lehigh University, Fall 2006-Spring 2008
- IIE Operations Research Track, Best Paper Award, IERC Conference, May 2006
- IIE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award, First Place, May 2005
- INFORMS Section on Transportation Science and Logistics Dissertation Award, First Place, October 2004
- INFORMS Section on Location Analysis Dissertation Awards, Honorable Mention, November 2003
- Northwestern University Transportation Center Student Paper Competition, First Prize, June 2003
- INFORMS Chicago Chapter Student Paper Competition, First Prize, May 2003
- Midwest Regional University Transportation Center Student of the Year, sponsored by United State Department of Transportation, December 2002
- Breusch Prize for best honors thesis in mathematics, Amherst College, Amherst, MA, May 1996
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1996-present
- Sigma Xi, 1996-present
- INFORMS Doctoral Colloquium, San Jose, CA, November 2002
- Profiled in “Logistics Problems? Do the Maths!” by Marcia Jedd, Cargovision 17(8), 24-25, January 2002
- Council of Logistics Management Doctoral Colloquium, New Orleans, LA, September 2000
- “‘Supply Chain Theory is Really Coming into its Own Now‘: An Interview with Larry Snyder,” Statistics Views, 2014.
- “Envisioning Energy’s Future,” Resolve (RCEAS Research Magazine), vol. 2, 2012.
- “The Expanding State of the Infrastructure,” Resolve (RCEAS Research Magazine), vol. 1, 2011.
- “A Supplement to Common Sense,” by William Johnson, Resolve (RCEAS Research Magazine), vol. 2, 2009.
- “Do-It-Yourself Software,” by James A. Cooke, DC Velocity, November 2008.
- “Leaner Shelves, Leaner Profits?,” by Tom Van Riper, Forbes.com, November 15, 2006.
- “Logistics Problems? Do the Maths!” by Marcia Jedd, Cargovision 17(8), 24-25, January 2002.